Saturday, July 25, 2009

The morning, I woke up and did not find Israel mentioned on the Internet

By David Verveer

I realize that I have paranoid reactions in my quest to search every morning the world internet media on anti Israeli articles, comments or travel stories, in which the author reports his impressions of the terrible plight of the Palestinians and Arabs by the cruel hands of the Israeli oppressor.

It seems that I need such an emotion in order to get me sufficiently angry to reply with counter attacks in the form of reactions or sometimes called talkbacks.
You must understand that I as retired person turned the defense of the nation as my holy duty, due to the fact that at my age, they do not need me at the border with a rifle, I am unsuitable for the civil guard, but by defending my country on the internet, I have the pleasant feeling that indeed, I am doing something for the nation.

Especially, as I read, write (with mistakes) and speak several European languages, I find plenty of sources to annoy me, coming from the USA, UK, The Netherlands and Belgium, from people who throw phrases and unreal historical evidence in the air, and if I (and many of my country men) would not have reacted and explained the truth (in our point of view at least), half truths, lies and fabricated stories, are repeated by two or three people, and suddenly turn into historical facts, because where there is smoke, there is fire. But believe me; this expression is wrong, as nobody can differentiate between smoke and water vapor, by sight only.

I always wonder why these attacks are one-sided, choosing sides for the Palestinians, while everybody realizes that they use terror to gain their goal in destroying Israel, while Israel with all its faults, is a democratic country. I suppose there are two main reasons for this, the first, because the European pity for the underdog (especially far away, and not in your own backyard), and secondly, the Islamic immigration to the Western world, which create two main streams of feelings, anti and pro Islam, why, I am not sure, for that one should talk to professional people, I only report what I see and feel.

It could be that these feelings are caused by the anti-immigration movements on the far right, which you can find in nearly all Western countries, who are stirring up the anti-foreigners feeling of the less educated middle and lower classes, and as counter reaction on these anti-immigration movements, the idealistic left, who despites racism, but does not realize that they are being used by the Islam propaganda.

But coming back to the Israel – Palestinian conflict, is nowhere related and does not have any connections to the Islam invasion to the West, but is used as available scapegoat, to simplify the causes for both sides of the Islam and Christian/Jewish conflict. Israel is fighting its war of Independence (for the last 61 years), made and makes many mistakes, like any other nation and government, but certainly does not practice land-theft, murder and war crimes, of which it is daily accused by the media.

The Israeli integration of its minorities, sects and religions is not something artificially created by law, but a natural mixture of the different groups of people, Jews, Arabs, Druze and Bedouin, which are undivided in religious, orthodox, Islam and Christians, right and left, extremists, nationalists, etc.
For example in the Meir hospital in Kfar Saba, like all medical services in the country, both the medical staff and the patients are Arabs and Jews, totally integrated, but this is not mentioned in the press, mentioned are fictional massacres in Jenin, or fabricated stories on cruelties in the Gaza and Lebanon war, which as mentioned before, became historic facts on the merit of unfounded rumors.

Of course, my writing won't convince anyone, there is always somebody who quotes or miss-quotes a lecture or article written by XY, who is either an Anti-Israel Jew, or works for impartial organizations like the Red Cross, UN and WHO, which realize who are buttering their bread.

But do you imagine my surprise the other day, reading the newspapers thoroughly, Israel or Palestinians were not mentioned, stories about who killed Michael Jackson, Obama on Iraq, the scandals about the Prime Minister of Italy, bank crashes in the USA, temperatures rising and deniers who tell us that the temperatures are going down, North Korea trying out new weapons, Iran killing their own people, this film star appeared in the nude, that one committed suicide, all juice information, but did they forget us, and we not anymore the center of the world? What did we do, that they lost interest. Desperately I started opening opinion discussions, who generally after the first twenty comments dealing with the subject at hand, irrelevant if we talk about health, Islands national shortage in funds, turns automatically to the Israel-Palestine conflict, the behavior of the Jews / Israelis (most people do not realize the difference between the two), but at no reveal, even the riots of the extremists in Jerusalem, in order to free a mother from house arrest, as she starved her three year old son, real interesting stuff, but nobody cares. Then I realized what keeps me running, why I spend hours behind the computer, this gives me the will to live, that way I hopefully fight problems such as Parkinson and Alzheimer, in short, I enjoy fighting for the good cause.

When I recognized my hobby, suddenly I saw that anti Israel propaganda reappeared on the web, stupid accusations, ridiculous fiction, and all those hypocritical stories which daily bloat cyber space, got my adrenaline running again.
I finish this one sided, but emotional post by thanking all those Anti-Israel haters, the anti-Semitists, the Don Donquichotes which fight windmills, and those other idiots who write nonsense, without having any knowledge about the conflict, the region or the problems at hand, who never move from their chair in front of the PC, in short my lifesavers. Have a wonderful day, and don't hesitate to make a fool of yourself.

No comments: