Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I just wonder?

By David Verveer

Let us assume for one moment that we, the humans, are not alone in this endless outer space, and far away, incapable of making contact with us, live other creatures, which have the same or higher intelligence as the human being.

I know the pictures of the Mars men, and other funny looking imaginations of people who are, just like us, unable to imagine how these creatures should look like, which elements do they have similar to the humans, and why do they share or don’t share eye sight, ears, legs, etc.

I am not so sure that their dimensions will be the same as ours, our size is determined by the gravity of our globe, and our time is directed by the time span it takes the world to circulate our sun. in outer space a day takes perhaps 40 earth hours instead of 24. Our life span which is increasing gradually is now between 70 to 90 years old, what might their life span be, if their environment is not polluted?

And indeed, just like these science fiction pictures, an animal like being might have won the war of survival on their planet, who knows, it might be the cats running their world (our cats are also of the opinion that they are owners and masters).

But again, our limited imagination can not picture this creature from outer space, and our self convincing superior feelings stops at a light year distance, just like the pre-historical men, who knew only their own surroundings, and 10 Km were for them outer space. It might be that outer space civilizations have discovered us for thousand of earth years, look up on us as primitive ants, and declared earth of limits, as a reservation of lower beings.

Did you never wonder why the atom molecule and its ions look a bit like the sun, earth and other planets, perhaps we really are only an atom in the never ending world of outer space. Did you ever look at bacteria under a microscope, doesn’t they look frightening? But perhaps we are only microbes in something much bigger. What if our thinking conscious never dies, but goes on to a next living cell, as it can not exist without a human or living being’s brain power, many religions claim the immortality of the “me”, who knows, in my last run I might have been a scientist, but wait a moment, does the above transfer from the old to the new work with the same time logic as we know it, perhaps the past is the present and the present the future.

I am sorry, I did not try to confuse you, but don’t you think that the scandal of to day, makes any impression on the wonder of life, of which we don’t know anything? Only one example of this amazing world, my book keeper gave me a note, on which was written what certificate I had to request from the revenue office, in order to close the books, I put it in my pocket, coming home, I did not find it. Next day, on my home coming, I found the note laying on the floor, in front of the entrance of our house, I think it was my guardian angel who placed this note under my feet, and have no other explanation, he (my guardian angel) most likely thought, what a clumsy clot I have to work with, look what a cozy job got my nephew has with guarding over the pope’s wife, life as guardian angel surely is unfair.

No comments: