Wednesday, May 13, 2009

An exercise on irrelevant comments

The result of the exercise on comments irrelevant to the article, published in the Daily Telegraph on May the 13th.

The current Pope had 2 Jewish Grandparents
Wednesday, May 13, 2009, 07:34 AM GMT [General]

The current Pope had 2 Jewish Grandparents



By David Verveer



I admit, I am an Internet junky, as retired senior citizen I read every morning the reader's talkbacks and opinions in numerous newspapers over the net. I read Dutch, Belgium, English (UK and US) and of course, local Israeli papers, and in general, the reactions on the article itself, if it was sufficiently controversial, will turn into a fight between extreme and highly opinionated writers looking for an excuse, to attack one at the other, on irrelevant subject that have non or an invisible relevancy to the article in question. Since the existence of Internet and E-mails most reactions intent to shock you and will include insulting remarks, un-acceptable language and angry retorts.



In order to proof the above theory, I hereby submit a fictive story, not based on anything, which could or would have happened, but still, sufficiently controversial (I hope) to create the chain of reactions, which I am looking for.



My story starts with a rumor in a French scandal paper, in which the grandparents and parents of the Pope's mother were not practicing Jews, which makes according Jewish but also the Nazi law, our Pope, a Jew. It seems that his grandparents had immigrated to Germany around the beginning of the 20th century, adopted a German sounding name of Von Regenstein, and even sent their children (including the future Pope) to Catholic schools.



The Vatican reacted last night by saying that the story was un based, and pure fiction, the Pope grandparents were never, I repeat never, never Jewish.

However, after researching the book written by the Pope himself, in his days of Cardinal, he admits that the origin of his maternal grandparents were unknown to him, a fact he tried to keep secret, for his personal safety during the Nazi period.



The Pope, who is a known theologian, has always expressed his love for the Jews, a religion he considers related to Christianity. Funny enough, the Pope, if this story is true, he can claim "right of return" and receive the Israeli Nationality, even though, he will need to be circumcised, in order to be fully accepted.


0 (0 Ratings)
Tags:
Add More
fiction[x] nonsense[x] talk-back reactions[x]
submit | cancel
[ 14 comments ]
Add a Comment:
Preview
Some HTML is allowed. BRs will be inserted automatically and URLs will be autolinked.
Comments



David - Not true. I'm an uncircumcised jewish gentile and fully accepted by the Israeli community. there is more than one religion in Israel. I for one am a Christian. Do you your homework.
The Apiarist
May 13, 2009
07:42 AM GMT
Delete Comment



Dear Apiarist,
I am sorry to read that you are not circumcised, if you really want to reach heaven, please get it fixed
david
May 13, 2009
07:50 AM GMT
Delete Comment



I always wondered why the prépuce was so important. Can you enlighten us? (You might need to Google that.)
Janus
May 13, 2009
08:28 AM GMT
Delete Comment



David - Jesus said there was no need. I'll follow his lead. Besides there is no one brave enough to put a razor blade near my thingymabob
The Apiarist
May 13, 2009
08:38 AM GMT
Delete Comment



There is also the issue of "Hyper-sensitivity". being a man I don't wear silk undies. could end up with a rash you know.
The Apiarist
May 13, 2009
08:42 AM GMT
Delete Comment



The Apiarist
Jesus was circumcised as a Jew, you claim that circumcision is against Christianity,or in other words, getting baptized with holy water wont safe me? Please tell me, don't fool around with the future of my soul.
david
May 13, 2009
09:07 AM GMT
Delete Comment



David - Jesus did say that Gentiles would also be allowed into heaven. Haven't you read the Bible. It's in there somewhere. Circumcision is neither for nor against Christianity.
Jesus said "It didn't matter" any more. So my willy keeps its sleeve.
The Apiarist
May 13, 2009
09:15 AM GMT
Delete Comment



The Apiarist
My Bible is your Bible, but Your Bible is not my Bible.
But thank you for you allowing me in, with or without holy water
david
May 13, 2009
09:20 AM GMT
Delete Comment



David - If you ever want to reach heaven then I am sure Australia will let you in. come around anytime.
The Apiarist
May 13, 2009
09:28 AM GMT
Delete Comment



Dear Apiarist,
Not interested, in Australia they play cricket and drink tea with milk, Spend 3 year in the UK, that was sufficient to last me for a life time, I prefer Falafel and Humus
david
May 13, 2009
09:33 AM GMT
Delete Comment



David - There is only one heaven on Earth.
"Australia". It's in the Bible too. No kidding. They call it Paradise.

The Apiarist
May 13, 2009
09:39 AM GMT
Delete Comment



"Falafel and Humus."

Me too! And pita, olives, shwarma, tehina, peppers and that flat Turkish bread that they cook on the domed steel griddles. I would kill for a recipe for that.
help ma boab
May 13, 2009
09:52 AM GMT
Delete Comment



The Apiarist
You wont see me in paradise, for one bloody apple, you get kicked out, and I do not like snakes, which reminds me of the pope, wonder if he eats apples, or likes felaffel and humus?
david
May 13, 2009
10:19 AM GMT
Delete Comment



David - I think he likes them both. He's been seen in Italy buying "Roma Kebabs"
The Apiarist
May 13, 2009
10:22 AM GMT
Delete Comment

Recent Blog Posts

The current Pope had 2 Jewish Grandparents
The Pope and I
Save the world from overheating, drink camel milk
The Islam Offense
we have opinions, true, but whoses?

Blog Categories

General (7)
Politics (2)

Search My Telegraph
Page controls
o Print this page
User controls

No comments: