Thursday, September 11, 2008

24 hours after the end of the world

24 Hours after the End of the World

By David Verveer

It is now about 24 hours after "the end of the World", and I am not sure which law of physics and /or philosophy is now ruling our existence.

Let us start with philosophy, Descartes, the father of modern philosophy stated "cogito ergo sum", which sounds extremely intelligent, and even makes sense after you learn the translation of this statement in English, namely: "I think, therefore I am". I always accepted this statement as true and logical, but now I started wondering, How can I be sure that I really exist (yesterday, before the experience in Switzerland, when one of my front teeth broke, I had the distinct sensation of my existence) but today, after the experiment took place, it might be that I don't exist anymore, and simply because it was not announced officially, and the matter that in combined form makes my body (and soul?) simply continued living on in my mind only, a type of inertia, before the antimatter takes over, and fade us out.

But let us assume that my knowledge of philosophy is based on hear say, without really understanding it, I always considered that "meat is better than bones" (of course this Old Dutch expression relating to a visit at the butcher, and not any macabre reverence of our own body, and in translation means, I believe in reality, based on facts. which brings me to the second argument, "laws of physics".

There are only a very limited number of people who manage or claim to understand what the World of scientists are researching near Geneva. The big bang theory, with scientists researching with enormous expensive, large and complex machinery, created only in order to comprehend how and why our world and the entire outer space were created.

I don't want to sound stupid, but the entire experiment, sounds and looks like "the emperor's new clothes" by Hans Christian Andersen, in which a small boy cries out that "the emperor is naked" as he did not comprehend the theory of invisible clothes, a doctrine and theology which was accepted through out the imperia, by the intelligentsia.

Another relevant example is the enjoyable promotion clip on TV by Muller (dairy products) where the driver of the van asked the question: What does it matter, how the cow produces milk, the importance is, that she is good in doing it". I know it should have been in Latin, stated by scientists such as Einstein or Zweistein, but really, let us get back to reality, what are they doing, trying to establish a new fable (sorry, I mean religion).

Somebody really mixed up our priorities, if I understand, we are running out of potable water, energy, food, space to live in, clean air, public health, but the question of the big bang is certainly not one of them, that can wait until we solved the above shortages, which are about to eliminate our existence on this globe, long before an anti-bang theory end this world with every on it or circling around it, even though, I think this will not happen during my, my children and grandchildren's life time.

The alternative energy development is much more important, using underground thermal (inner globe) massive energy resources which never have been taken into serious research, nor the use of nuclear / plasma power been considered as energy source (not that we do not have the knowledge how to use this unlimited source of energy, but because the world powers backed by the oil industrials, oppose development of alternative energy sources, which will surely be cheaper and cleaner than oil energy.

But coming back to the experiment of the big bang theory, indeed, if we knew what created us, how this world came into existence, we really got one step further in our knowledge, but perhaps this will destroy us as which probably has happened before, during the billions of years, this globe exists and is circling around the sun in this universe. Humans, as we know them, have lived only in a part of a second, in the existence of our globe and solar system, who knows, humans or other living creatures might have reached the same or higher degree of civilization before, and were wiped out by man made (creature made) catastrophes such as research and experimenting with the big bang.

If there is a God, he most likely has given up on us, and is planning to replace us with a more intelligent creation, such as the blue men of Mars (why we always talk about Green Martians?).

No comments: