Friday, March 14, 2008

My career choice

My career choice

By David Verveer

Human beings don't have too many opportunities to stand still one moment, and to decide, "What am I going to do with my life, what profession I will choose, and how will they (the masses) discover me and declare me a genius (IDOL).

You remember the song "Que sera" or what ever will be, will be, where small children ask their parents, on their future, and Doris Day (do you remember her, she was something) tell them, that we can not predict the future, which is a good thing, because knowing the future, means boredom, nothing to expect anymore.

In my personal case, I have not yet decided on a career, I don't want to be a pilot anymore, too tiring, and I prefer to sleep in my own bed, instead of playing around with young stewardesses, nor do I want to be police man, not only I do not want the power which goes with the job, but I hate to see blood. Postman would have been alright, but their glorious and eventful job is smothered by the internet. Who uses today the snail mail? Only the tax people, and bringing a bill to innocent tax payer is without joy.

But, really, the time has arrived that I have to decide, if I will become a famous author (somebody like Steinbeck, but without his tragedies), a painter like Van Gogh, (but with all my ears in place), a famous inventor like Edison (I don't know too much about his private life, and will refrain telling you with or without something he had).

A singing career is not laid out for me, as my basis school teacher promised me, that if I shut up during singing lesson, I would get a good mark for singing, an agreement I kept since then, but somehow the importance of this agreement faded away with the years.

Project leader on hanging more than 10.000 safety signs (signage) in the new INTEL factory, a task I managed for the last 10 months, seems to get rather boring and without any possibility to stand out and become famous, thus again, in my short working life, I have to make a new career choice.

I decided not to try to become a photographer, even though, taking pictures with a digital camera or with your mobile phone or cam recorder on your computer becomes simpler by the day, people don't like to see my famous close-up from my fingers, holding the camera, they simply do not understand modern art, you must agree seeing my fingers is much more interesting than a modern painting, in which all parts of bodies are spread over the canvas, in colors which remind me of the results of a terrible hangover, including the head age.

Becoming a playboy or piccolo, became irrelevant, when my belly started to interfere with my shoe laces, and as I have said before, I really prefer to sleep in my own bed. Thus the only job left is multi millionaire, the job does not require any skills other than counting money (never tried it, but it looks rather simple), and finding a way for people to invest in my inventions, I tried in the past, but it seems, inventing ways not to pollute the aquifer, is far from investors interests, really who cares that in 50 years time, there will be no drinking water left, safe for drinking, it is just as this French lady (Josephine) said, they can drink Cognac or eat cake instead.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.