Saturday, September 22, 2007

Yom Kippur thoughts

On Yom Kippur (Day of Atonement) we generally make a list of people, who have done us wrong in the past year, and whom we have to forgive. We also make a list (secretly and mentally), for ourselves, whom we perhaps have wronged, generally this last list is rather short, as the really bad things we personally did to others, somehow, we do not count and remember. I won’t bother you with my misdeeds, nor will I bother you with those stupid bastards, which made me angry the past year, people like this stupid maniacthat nearly killed my wife and me, when he drove into my car, with enormous speed, and had the bloody cheek, not to admit his fault. Of course I won’t forgive him and will meet him in court in a few months. However, I will forgive the people angry with me, because my stubbornness, my idiotism and principles. And I have to admit; I don’t care what other people think of me, and please do not hurry to inform me, as I don’t like emotional talks.

But there are people; I will never forgive, as they are in my mind, mass murderers. I refer to religious freaks that are opposing birth control, and who are responsible for the population growth, precisely in the sectors of poverty and ignorance. I add to this the green environmentalists, tools in the hand of bankers, brokers and businessmen, who as irresponsible unscrupulous criminals promote the manufacture from corn and grain derived energy fuels instead of using them to feed the world, thus driving the food prices sky high, and driving the poorer nations into famine.

I also will not forgive fanatics, terrorists and zealots, people without conscience or hearth who because belief and principles will cause suffering and sorrow to others, irrelevant if their cause and grieve has grains of justifications, and I do not accept the argument that the enemy can not be trusted, because they never have kept their promises. We are not allowed to take away their human rights, not from their leaders, but from the people living next door to us, born there, lived and toiled in poverty their entire life, in neighborhood of our riches. Who are we, to take away, what is not ours to take? Nobody chooses his own parents, religion or circumstances under which he is born. We all have an irrevocable and equal right to live and prosper.

And going back to forgiving and not forgiving, I forgive you, if you say that I wrote this time, nonsense, which was not funny at all.

Oh, and before I forget, I am not a racist, but I hate those green creatures from outer space, who, in name of science, fight the production of my favorite gas, the carbon dioxide.

Gmar Hatima Tova (I hope that God has decided to write your name in the book of the living).

No comments: